Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Random Cover when new Movie added
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  18:25:40  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm using version 8.2.4.0
Sometimes when adding new movie records from the device scanner, I get a extra random Cover Picture. It shows up as the first Cover on the Cover Manager. I believe this is a bug when adding a new blank record. It happens about 10% of the time. I can delete it but it's annoying. This problem goes back a few versions to at least version 8.0.4.9

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  17:11:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can't be the only one who noticed this bug? New records are supposed to be blank and not add junk data. Since this problem only happens some of the time, it's hard to notice that some movies have the wrong covers.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  18:03:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't have recognized that yet.
But I have to admit that I mostly use XMM8 for testing purposes at the moment.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

rbrekken
Starting Member

Norway
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  11:49:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see rbrekken's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
On my system EMM imports (using device scanner) covers wrong almost every time. I use this naming scheme (for use with XBMC+++) (6 cover files):

fanart.jpg
backcover.jpg
cover.jpg
[movie_filename]-fanart.jpg
[movie_filename]-backcover.jpg
[movie_filename]-poster.jpg

The strange thing is that fanart is often imported correctly. Backckover gets imported into the COVER section (almost always) and the front cover is usually not imported.

Please fix this. It is very annoying and time consuming to do manually.

regards,
Roar

Edited by - rbrekken on 28 Mar 2014 11:50:44
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  13:02:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think that's a naming issue.
I don't know how Ale imports the pics. But I think that he checks for "fanart", "cover" and "back".
Please try to rename poster to cover and backcover to back. Just to test if it's not a general bug.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  16:37:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Getting back to the original bug.

When I add new movies, I usually add a group of movies using the device scanner. The movies are sorted by genre and added one movie at a time. The ones with random front covers is the first movie of the genre group.

For example if I added:

(1) Movie 1 Genre=Fantasy
(2) Movie 2 Genre=Fantasy
(3) Movie 3 Genre=Science Fiction
(4) Movie 4 Genre=Science Fiction
(5) Movie 5 Genre=Science Fiction
(6) Movie 6 Genre=War

I'll have random front covers added for Movies #1,3,6

The junk front covers are not completely random either. I get a junk front cover from a previously added movie with the same genre. The cover is from a previously added movie name that begins with a number or the letter 'A' although it is not always the the first movie alphabetically in that genre.

A Strange bug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07