Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Bug List
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2014 :  12:16:42  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, some questions:

1. Is there any bug list? Some public "to do" list?

2. How can I export data to xmm 7? xml doesn't seem to work. (sorry, need to downgrade because point 3 is driving me crazy)

3. BUG: Sometimes, for some unknown reason, the engines stop working. If i try to add an original dvd it never even start the reading. If i close the engine after that the window is gone, but the process is on, so I can't use any engine again. Can't start magicscript after that. Even I can't close the program, get trapped in closing engines. So far i dont know the trigger of the bug: sometimes I can't import even 1 movie, sometimes I import 3 or more. But always end the same: closing by task manager.

4. REQ: add a way to identify original BR discs. I can add, but i have to manually search the m2ts.

5. REQ: add an BR-disc icon

Salute.

Rodrigo Carvajal

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2014 :  13:22:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

1. Many times requested but still no
2. Downgrading isn't possible as the database structure is different. I you really wanna do downgrade you can try to export as nfo and import these in XMM7. But I don't know if every field will be processed.
3. I never have added DVDs by inserting them. So no comment from me.
4. and 5. I have to pass these to Ale as he's the sole programmer.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2014 :  15:11:54  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@racto

In xMM7 the direct "reading" of dvd und blu-ray also doesn't work. So there is no need to downgrade. When you only add a movie title or a list of movie titles here the import works as it should (exception: not all imdb data like movie connections or soundtrack are imported). For xMM8 the "add original-dvd" option is crap. Please forget it.
You have to use the "read data" option to read m2ts or vob files. For me it's not accurat enough as sometimes not all audio tracks are imported correctly. At the moment I use external tools to read this data correctly.

For DVD: GSpot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)
For Blu-ray: BDInfo (http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo)

Behind BDInfo is a big blu-ray database with all technical specs for most of the commercially available blu-rays.

BTW: My xMM 7&8 installations come with various BR-disc icons.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07