Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Import database 7 to 8 problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  15:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Here I will write one after another the Problems I found by importing the XMM 7 database to XMM 8. If I found a problem I will post it here.

1: Boxset: Where is the EAN field?
2: Boxset: Purchase date was imported to notes
3: Boxset: Packaging is missing
4: Boxset: Full release date is missing
5: Boxset: Year is not imported
6: Movie Editor: Packaging is missing
7: Movie Editor: under "DVD/VHS" the field "Video DVD" is not a dropdown menue anymore
8: Movie Editor: under "DVD/VHS" the field "Region" is not a dropdown menue anymore
9: Movie Editor: under "Video" the field "FPS" is not imported correctly (23 instead of 23,976) -> seemed to be a new bug because if I change it there will be a 23 again.
10: TV Shows: The import is horrible. I can't write what was all wrong, it's to much. The episodes were all there but all the infos in the main window (not in the episodes) were on the wrong place or missing
11: Boxset: "Purchase Price" is not imported

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0

Edited by - Saphir on 12 Aug 2013 10:30:01

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  09:06:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I'll paste here some import bugs that I mentioned elsewhere. Can someone please verify?

* No covers were copied; I had to copy them manually to the new folder. Then, they were recognised directly.
* In films with two or more directors, when directors names are separated with [|] only the first name (the text string until the first separator) was imported. When the separator was [,], all the names were imported (and properly, as separate persons).
* If two or more names exist in the fields Producer, Writer, Musician, Photographer separated with [|] or [,] only the first text string was imported.
* No biggie, but strange: Something has changed that affects my custom html template: in v.7 I can see actors names in it, as well as "special" characters. In v.8 no actors/roles appear and all "special" characters are simplified to their non accented version.
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  12:30:26  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Saphir

When you take a look into the access database you'll see that most of the boxset stuff is imported but the corresponding data field is not available in the edit/quickedit window.
For me the TV Show import work as it should.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  00:16:44  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If my entries from TVShow are imported to different "Custom" fields, it's for me like there is nothing imported. There the information is worthless because I don't now which position a name in the movie has as example.

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0

Edited by - Saphir on 30 Jul 2013 16:47:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07