Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  22:30:49  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Guys,

I want share with you the picture of the new XMM Layout, I hope you will enjoy it.

As always, suggestions and ideas are welcome

(Link to Bigger image) http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/images/screenshots/v7/xmm7.0.0.0_1.png

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

ternot

126 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2009 :  11:19:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

the interface looks really great :-) I can hardly wait for a try out version :-D

If you do a redesign of the application, please also have a look on

• the handling of special characters

• restructuring the database (e.g. genre as foreign key)

• multiple sort criterias for lists (simultaneously)

As mentioned in another thread, for my point of few, there is no need for the "Quick-Edit"-Panel...

Keep on the great work
ternot

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2009 :  17:02:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

I have notice only now that today is the 1° April, maybe someone can think that this new 7.0.0.0 it's a joke, but it isn't!

Please write as much suggestions/ideas as you can!

Alessio

PS:ternot, the multiple criterias on sorting is already done, I am working on the other things...

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2009 :  18:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

new layout looks very nice.
Some questions/comments that arise from the first screenshot:

1. What is the meaning of the logo in the top left-hand corner?
2. Ribbon Menu "Tools", "Advanced Tools" is not very meaningful
3. Main Menu needs "New Database", "Open database"
4. "Collection Window" should be integrated into "Treeview Window" as it is only there to switch between movies and actors
5. Contrary to ternot I would like to have the possibility to use the old quickedit view instead of movie card (not as a tab but as an additional window or by using the same window like the hml card and switching by clicking on an icon in the icon panel of the window)
6. Picture view: How will the picture storage be organised in new xMM? On then screenshot we can see a simultaneous display of front and back cover. Are other combinations possible (cover + screenshots?"
7. Movie Card: is it possible to integrate an option to hide all actors where no photo is available?

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2009 :  20:59:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mawu!

1.I need to build a new logo for XMM, if someone want help

2.I want that new user go only on "tools". Advanced tool should be only for advanced users

3.Al these commands are in the dropdown menu when you click on the orb at top-left

4.This is a good idea. I will think to it

5.At this time I have already make such "dockable" panel for movies. I think it will be available

6.I have in mind to create a new field for back covers and maybe another one for fanart

7.Yes, I will remove the picture if not available.

Thank you Mawu!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  04:55:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
God bless you!
The new interface looks shiny and powerful.

Although I totally totally and totally agree with the Unicode Support...

Also, will the new interface support multi-screen? For example; the editing is on primary monitor and the moviecard view is on the second monitor may be?!?!

By the way, I do not agree that QuickEditing should be gone, because I use it when I copy covers from google, as you know you can't do ALT+TAB with normal editing when you open the cover manager (XMM doesn't exist). But if I use quick editing I can easyly go back and forth...

Thanks & best regards,
Erke
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  05:27:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Comziz,

I dont' know if will be possible the multi-screen because I haven't it, but I think that the answer is Yes. All panels you see in the picture can be "moved" off the XMM interface, so should be possible also move it in another part of the desktop or in another screen...

I think I will leave the quickedit also in the new XMM, people that want it can make it's panel visible, the other can simply close the panel, or you can also "merge" the 2 panels toghether and switch then with a little tab

Thank you guys!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  11:32:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

...All panels you see in the picture can be "moved" off the XMM interface, so should be possible also move it in another part of the desktop or in another screen...

That's even better... Thank you so much.

So, could you give more info on the "Advanced Search Filters"??

Looks exciting.... =D

Thanks,
Erke

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  14:41:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

(Link to Bigger image) http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/images/screenshots/v7/xmm7.0.0.0_2.png

Go to Top of Page

shaurya

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  01:23:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can the picture view window be detachable and moved around?
What about other pictures....With the new XMM 7.x, this feature IMHO should be expanded. User should be allowed to store any kind of picture...

Front
Back
Spine
Screenshot (from the movie/video)
Wallpaper (fanart/backdrop)
DVD image (the circular image)

Can there be a feature where user defines what all different pictures type can be (just like the different types of video/language) and then allows users to assigns one of these defined names to each picture. This feature should allow users to type default aspect ratio.

Ofcouse XMM 7.x just like its previous cousin version can be more smart.....XMM can storo default aspect ratios for each kind of picture (default can be changed by users)

Now when user adds a picture. XMM calculates the aspect ratio of this pic and compares with the default provided by the user and by anlysing the variance can assign the category (poster, wallpaper etc) automatically

Lets say user has 0.65 (for Poster4x6.5), 1.77(for 16:9 wallpaper), 1(for DVD cover-circle)

The aspect ratio of the picture added is 0.5
then the standard deviation for poster = 0.5-0.65 = 0.15 (ignore the -ve, use absolute value)
then the standard deviation for wallpaper(16:9) = 0.5-1.77 = 1.27 (ignore the -ve, use absolute value)
then the standard deviation for poster = 0.5-1 = 0.5 (ignore the -ve, use absolute value)

Thus the picuture added is the Poster (lowest variance)

Regards, Shaurya

Edited by - shaurya on 03 Apr 2009 01:26:31
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  10:21:36  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Shaurya

Sounds interesting but very complex. Defining special aspect ratios etc. will - maybe - overstrain most of the users.

I think there are two ways to manage the pictures in xMM:
1. xMM will provide us several fixed/expandable "slots" (= categories) where you have to store your pictures seperately.
2. All pictures were stored in one folder (as it ist realized now) and we have to assign the categories during the import or afterwards - maybe by keyword indexing of pictures with a rudimentary semi-automatic IPTC tagging system. Out of this filtering or renaming of pictures should be possible. This procedure will be a little bit more complex but is a standard procedure in all modern photo managment software.

Bye byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  15:55:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Indeed its a bit complicated make the feature suggested by Shaurya.

I have add 2 fields, called BackCover and FanArt, both will work like the usual "cover" field that you already know.

@Shaurya : all panels you see in the picture are dockable/undockable and you can move it where you want, you can create also "tabbed" panels etc...

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  17:03:06  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio

The main problem I have with cover manager are not the missing categories in xMM 6.x but that display and sorting of pictures is terribly slow, primarily when I have >10 pictures per movie stored. Also sorting options are not very comfortable (Drag and Drop is highly recommended!). Maybe there are also some improvements for this problems possible for xMM 7.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Markus

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  22:16:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mawu,

You speak about the Cover Manager that is slow? I will try to improve it too...

Thank you!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

freeze
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2009 :  14:37:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To make it short:

Looks awesome! Very professional :)

The only thing i hope will be introduced in v7 is a better/new (x)HTML DB Export, so it will have a comparable layout and functions (search/Pages/Detailinformations, etc.) like the moviecollector-Export.

This has been discussed before in various threads =)

Looking forward to v7! :)

P.S.: Gotta love XMM ^^
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2009 :  17:04:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Freeze,

I hope to find people that help me building plug-ins/Third party applications for make such things. Like, for example, the support for Popcorn NMT or others Networked Media Tank.

The guy that made the (x)HTML-DB cannot work on this, so at this time will not be possible develope it.

Thank you,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2009 :  11:45:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

2.I want that new user go only on "tools". Advanced tool should be only for advanced users

Alternatively '(show) advanced tools' could be a switch in 'Options'. If selected, everything you consider as "advanced" should then be shown on tools as well - each "advanced" item sorted in the respective "standard" category.

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2009 :  11:54:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cover Manager: what I liked to see is that covers can get displayed with the original aspect ratio when scaled up / down for the picture window. Maybe a switch "Keep Aspect Ratio when resizing covers / pictures" could be added if both variants are needed.

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  10:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio

quote:
The guy that made the (x)HTML-DB cannot work on this, so at this time will not be possible develope it.

That's a pity, but it can't be helped.
Imho the normal moviecard export is not that bad. Maybe you can pimp it up a little bit with some javascript stuff.
Another possibilty will be to integrate MySQL export to file or direct upload to MySQL server. Then one can tinker with PHP+MySQL to build an online-xMM. At the moment I am using xMM as backend for my website (www.schlemmerkino.de) where I export the movie database via CSV and import it into PHPMyAdmin on the server

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  10:08:01  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio

quote:

That's a pity, but it can't be helped.
Imho the normal moviecard export is not that bad. Maybe you can pimp it up a little bit with some javascript stuff.
Another possibilty will be to integrate MySQL export to file or direct upload to MySQL server. Then one can tinker with PHP+MySQL to build an online-xMM. At the moment I am using xMM as backend for our website (www.schlemmerkino.de) where I export the movie database via CSV and re-import it into PHPMyAdmin on the server.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

Go to Top of Page

renegaderob1
Starting Member

Australia
27 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2009 :  19:32:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

I just noticed in your screenshots that there is no shelves/thumbnails option, one feature that I think is really good. Will this also be updated or available?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 5.37 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07