Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 It's Windows 7 Compatible??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Nomada
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  19:25:34  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a problem with this great program on Windows 7. When I update information from the Internet, the program crash. It say: Extreme Movie Manager Stoped Working. Nothing More.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

Thanks.

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2010 :  17:11:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
anything in the event log? others have it working so my guess is configuration....are you running it as administrator? Do you have UAC turned off?
Go to Top of Page

Djemba
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2010 :  18:58:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm facing exactly the same problem.

It crashes very often when loading actors by using chain import.
I've already tried:
- running it as admin
- running it in compatibility mode for xp
- giving it full access
- turning off UAC
- adding it into firewall exception list

I'm using XMM 7.0.7.1
OS windows 7 ultimate

@JustME do you mean windows' eventlog?
Go to Top of Page

Djemba
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2010 :  19:04:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The windows eventlog contains the following:

Faulting application name: eXtreme Movie Manager.exe, version: 7.0.7.1, time stamp: 0x4be4f28d
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x74494b02
Faulting process id: 0x1e10
Faulting application start time: 0x01cafcd58511b5e6
Faulting application path: D:\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\eXtreme Movie Manager.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: cbd8f1dc-68c8-11df-8c2a-40618694d321

Don't know if anybody can make anything of that.
D: is my programs partition. C is my boot drive (solid state disk).
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2010 :  16:14:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Does it only crash on the actors import? You said you get this error with using a chain....if you only use one script does it work OK?
It may be a script issue too....
Yep, was hoping the windows event log would give us some more detail :-(
I don't know if anyone else runs it from the D:\ drive.....It "should" be able to run from there, but stranger things have happened!
I will have to take a look to see if the DotNet Framework is specific to the C:\Drive...is this installed on your C or D drive? and patched to the latest?
This is supposed to be a portable application too, so it should work from D, the only dependancy would be the dotnet framework.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en
Go to Top of Page

Djemba
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2010 :  13:35:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If I'm using the script only (imdb comlete) then i get the error too.
If I'm using the same script but don't include actors, I don't get the error. But when I only use the script for actors I do get it.

DotNet Framework is installed in C.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07