Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 No Option to Play Movie In Media Browser
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kinnis
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  01:25:42  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
i've added all my movies to my database (and also refreshed the database for media centre). But some of my movies, dont have the option to play

can anyone help me to why this happens ?

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  06:53:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Kinnis,

its a long time that I do not update the Media Browser so maybe they have change something in the structure.

Do you have this problem only with some movies? there is the possibility that the filename of the movie contains "special" characters?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

kinnis
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  00:42:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thank you for your reply! yes its not every movie just some. I have noticed that the movies which do not have the play option do not have a shortcut file within the folder. the filenames dont seem to have any special characters included.

i've also noticed that some movies do not have information (plot, imdb rating etc) but do have the play button.

Edited by - kinnis on 06 Dec 2010 13:24:05
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  17:44:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could you set up an option so we could configure that media play button to our player of choice? I installed the media player plugin and it continues to read my USB drives so I have to either unplug them while it is in use or reboot the machine as windows will not allow the disconnect.
If we could set which player to use in preferences it would be nice...I prefer BSPlayer, but I know VLC is popular too...Just a thought
Go to Top of Page

kinnis
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2010 :  20:36:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
tried renaming the folder and file to just the movie name only but still same problem :(
Go to Top of Page

kinnis
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  22:23:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
also, when im importing, the renaming process gives an error:

13-Conversion from string "" to 'Double' is not valid....

what does this error mean ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07