Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 made a mistake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cyxi
Starting Member

France
35 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  22:42:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

There is a function called "Locate Missing Files". I was thinking, it was for reconnect missing file between the entry in XMM and the file on the Hard disk, if it was moved :(
So i begin to move all the 60's movies in a 60 directory, and XMM tell me the list of the movie i moved. lol

I want to "reconnect" the entries in xmm in the new directory.

i made this because i want to organize my folder in 40,50,60,70, Romance, Comedie, Thriller, Anime and SF

Is it possible?

cyxi
Starting Member

France
35 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2010 :  08:54:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok after reading forum, i know it's not possible :(.

The only way is to move the files manually for one directory, call the locate missing file, so i have the list for the recently moved files like the 60's movies.

And now i' must find a trick to edit the file location for each file that doesn't take much time, just top put the new directory.
From y:video\film\blabla\film1.avi to y:video\film\60\film1.avi, but blabla can be zero, one or more subdirectories.

After i done with the 60's, i do it again for the next directory
Go to Top of Page

cyxi
Starting Member

France
35 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2010 :  19:18:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i've find the trick :)
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2010 :  22:31:58  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The best way to change XMM's file location information is to do a multi-select of all of the files you moved and then do a right-click, which will open up a drop down list of functions. Select the "Multiple changes at once..." function. This will open another drop down menu. In that menu select "Replace a word in files". This will bring up a entry box where to type the string in the file you want to change. Afgter you click ok, it will open a second entry box where you enter the new string. Click OK and XMM will do the changing. Now this is only useful if all your movies were in one spot and your moving all of them to another spot. Other wise, you have to do it amnaully.

Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

cyxi
Starting Member

France
35 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  18:24:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thk you,

that is what i've done.

1) rename all the files with Year and gender.
2) move first the years by decade (40,50,60,70) and after by gender, so i begin with the 40's
3) use the function 'locate the files missing'
4) use the function to change the movie file path from y:\film\ to y:\film\40 :)
5) go to 2) and make an other iteration :)

Edited by - cyxi on 17 Dec 2010 18:29:15
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  21:13:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Depending on the quantity of titles, sometimes it is simply easier to just rearrange them the way you want them to be and then create a new database!
I have a database for each of my drives and then one main database that I consolidate them all in.
That made my life a lot easier!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07