Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  11:32:03  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
New update available...

->Removed the Boxsets from the Export to Android and NMT Devices
->Fixed a bug in Add movie
->Added Special Filters to Treeview
->Fixed a bug in Boxset Batch Import
->Fixed a Visual Bug in Edit Window
->Added Back the Column headers in Edit Window
->Now when you select a Person in the MovieCard there will be also Movies Directed or Produced etc.. my him
->Added the Boxset add also to TV Show menu
->Bring back the Ribbon Toolbar
->Fixed a bug related to #CHECKACTOREXIST# function
->Added the Zoom to Thumbnail View

http://www.binaryworks.it/files/extrememm8.0.0.14.exe

Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  15:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
->Bring back the Ribbon Toolbar

Thank you. You made my day.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  15:28:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are welcome

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  18:00:06  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes the Ribbon is back! I look forward to have finished my work to go home and install the new Alpha. :-DDDDDDD

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  18:31:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I really hope you will enjoy it.

I have still to finish to rearrange some things in treeview, but you can test it.

I think that we are near to release the first beta, now everything seem to be quite stable...

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  18:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I think that we are near to release the first beta, now everything seem to be quite stable...

But only when "Beta" does not mean "feature complete". There are some nice improvements so far, but also many things are missing.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  19:06:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I fear that XMM will never be "completed", there will be always new things to do... but this is a good start

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  19:43:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have to agree with Mawu.
I think that there are still missing too much features as well as there are still bugs.
In my opinion it will be difficult and a hard way to go to release a beta before the end of the year... Or do you mean with "near to release the first beta" next year?

Outch, dont hit me, Ale!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  20:48:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
End of year is really too far away

2 weeks to go... what do you think?

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  20:57:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I really think that it will last at least more than a few weeks. Or do you wanna work on XMM8 24/7 the next 2 weeks?
I would say 1 or 2 monthes will be realistic until XMM8 looks like a real beta.
But that depends on the time you can invest.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  21:11:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will invest really much time, the important thing is that bugs are fixed, the other features can be added step by step... this also because I want to add only features that people really use.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  21:13:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, you know it the best what people really use is different from one user to another

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  01:23:13  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The alpha 14 is a really good work but I too think, that there is still a bit to do. Which is the best time to release a beta, hmmmm.... I don't know that you must deside Ale but I wouldn't realese a beta until it looks and works that an normal user opens the program and says ahhh wow realy nice! There are to much users who doesn't want to help creating a program they want to use it and only test a beta and if they doesn't have a good feeling with the beta... I think there are still a lot of good ideas here in the forum (and there will be more coming) which will do a bit of work.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  05:54:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right Saphir... but for example for my daily use, XMM 8 works better than XMM 7 and is complete.

I have my movies in a Popcorn, so I have rebuild my collection from scratch.

The new Filescanner wroks better and is a bit more fast, then the automatic import has detect automatically half of my collection. The other half I had to select directlinks manually.

Then with the new function to create files for NMT (or My website) I can finally look my collection directly on my TV, XMM keep it updated everytime I add a movie with just a click.

Finally, the FileManager now works, in XMM 7 is a pain.

So, for a "normal" user all functions I think are ready... of course I must be sure that these are bug free

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  10:22:19  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That sounds good Ale and if it is so than it sounds like a beta. But that is only one of "look and work" I wrote before. I think the look and feeling of XMM8 can still have a bit of work.

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  11:07:43  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio
It seems that you want to release xMM together with Windows 8. For me at the moment there is no particular reason to upgrade from XMM7 to XMM8. Many essential features are still missing: (mini) statistic, script chains, cover print, quickedit table, picture view, (custom) filters, loan managment. When this features are re-implemented in xMM8 user suggestions (commented wishlist from JDommi&Prinz) should also taken into account. And this will take time. As I use DVD/Blu-ray only I do not benefit from the most of the improvements in xMM8 (maybe in future). Some weaknesses concerning the DVD/Blu-ray still exist in XMM8 (multiple audio streams, multiple disc support) and are better solved in competitive products (DVD Profiler, Movie Collector)up to now. After importing my old xMM7 database in xMM8 I recognized that I have to rework my collection because of all the changes of the new version. That changes are too little for me at the moment to do this work (I did many manual changes of the imported IMDB data, so a simple re-import is no solution). AS xMM7 does a good job people are not forced to upgrade immediately. Therefore my suggestion: Beta when it's feature complete, RC when most of the serious bugs are fixed. And: It's done when it's done.

BTW: Typical German! I just realized that most of the critics here are germans.

Edited by - Mawu on 20 Sep 2012 11:31:42
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  16:51:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Basically I want release it as soon as possible, I think that XMM 7 is not stable and hard to use for a newbie, so i want quickly replace it with XMM 8, especially for new users that look at XMM first time.

Of course people can continue to use both, maybe upgrading to 8 when whey think that worth it. I understand that in your point of you the changes from 7 to 8 are not enough, but think also to people that look at XMM at first time... more clean interface, more stable, more easy to use.

I know that XMM is born for "extreme" users, but must be simplified very much.

I really appreciate all suggestions that came for German guys... you all help me really very much!!

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  17:06:37  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio

What about releasing XMM8 in round about 4 weeks as a standard edition and until christmas a professional edition with advanced features?

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  17:13:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mmm... can be a good Idea.. I will think to this.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  18:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Don't know maybe make first an standard 8.1 and later a 8.2 with advanced functions. To have two XMM8 I wouldn't like, if I could switch between standared and advanced would be a nice thing.

I have to agree to Mawu, for me it is in the moment also no need to change to XMM8. XMM7 works and I have my informations with my wanted changes there in. There is to much to do on XMM8 that it could be a main program. If you release it to early there is also the possibility that new users doesn't want like it.

Go to Top of Page

washandgo

Spain
257 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  19:58:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have transferred the entire collection and really there is an improvement in speed and ease, the XMM 8 is much faster than XMM 7, and looks better for newbies like me, more manageable.
We spent years with XMM eg boxset and not what they are and FILMART either, as no Spanish translation of those words have not used it, just in case ....
Jeje and I jump to translate the XMM 8 ..... and going out ....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07