Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.0.15
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2012 :  16:42:16  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Guys,

New release ready. I have made a lot of changes to database, so you need to reimport the old of XMM 7 again.

There are many bugs fixed, this is the list:

->Rearranged some Items in Treeview
->Added the Subitems of Director, Writer etc... to People
->Added a button to Search again for a movie when you change its Name
->Fixed a bug in Actor import (Not clear the Old Info about previous Actors)
->Added a Description in the HTML Card of People of their Profession in the Movie Listed
->Improved the Function to Clear All People from Database
->Fixed a bug in the Stop procedure of MagicScript
->Fixed a problem of Actor Directlink Search, was not Skipping if there was no directlinks or just take the first directlink and go on
->Now Ribbon remember the Setting if minimized
->Rearranged some Icons in Ribbon, created new Menu for Devices
->Now the Backups of Database are limited in Number
->Add from TXT file: Now you can open really a TXT File.
->Fixed a bug in Treeview Special Filters
->Fixed a bug in MagicScript Import if you select more than one script
->Editor has now his own Table Like Directors (Please create a new Database for tests!)
->Added the WebID Info to all the Crew Tables
->Added Editor Subitem to People Tree
->Added Chains
->Added Back the all Custom 11 fields, with an option to reimport it in the new XMM 8 database
->Audio Streams are now in a Separate Table, this means that every movie can have more audio streams with details.
->Now Genre, Subgenre, Language Country and Features are Editable in the Edit window
->The Import of Old Database should be a little bit more quick now.
->Fixed a bug in Copying the Tables from Old Database
->Modified the Device Scanner to Grab all Audio Streams
->If the Edit Window is open the MagicScript will not start automatically until is closed
->Added Multi-Disc Support
->Now is possible Edit a movie also from Fields Manager window (Double Click)
->Fixed a bug in Movie Edit and refreshing the Grid
->Added new Filters to Treeview about Features
->Added the Please Wait message during Edit Window loading.
->Added the Function "Re-Read Codec"
->Added the function to Add Original DVD
->Fixed a bug in TXT File Import

Please continue to report bugs and suggestions!

http://www.binaryworks.it/files/extrememm8.0.0.15.exe

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2012 :  17:01:04  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

after installation and starting of the new version I get several error messages that the microsoft jet database module doesn't find several items and that I have to start xMM in XP SP3 compatibility mode (actvation of this mode has no effect).

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 24 Sep 2012 17:17:12
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2012 :  17:23:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please be sure to remove all old database and start from scratch... if XMM doesnt find the new tables probably gives you this error.

Please let me know,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2012 :  17:36:05  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

I uninstalled 8.0.015, deleted all files and after new installation the error messages are gone and xMM started correctly.

Bye byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2012 :  17:44:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great, thank you Mawu!

Go to Top of Page

wolf3d
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2012 :  23:57:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ciao, non lo fare piu :) ho dovuto reinserire 20 film, sto scherzando chiaramente, ora mi sembra che non si blocchi piu, pero due cose: 1 perche parte lo script engine da solo? 2 si potrebbe riavere il trova buchi nel movieid e la possibilita di cambiarlo in edit, a volte cancello un film doppione e l'ordine del movieid mi serve per l'ordine dei film.

Grazie
Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  01:52:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry Alessio

Still have the same problem. No matter what i do the config.ini is not updating itself, the modified date/time changes but not the contents.
Also grid columns i remove comeback and the layout resets. I've tried the freeze option but as the config.ini is not retaining what i do, it's doesn't know i ticked it.

I've checked permissions, I've made sure it's not read only and it's not hidden. I am the sole user of my computer so all administrator options would be under my user accounts. I will double check this version with windows 7.

Ps. I think something has happened the flags, they were working before.

"My god it's full of stars."
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  05:18:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ciao Wold3d,

Lo script parte da solo per facilitare l'utente, cioè in pratica dopo che hai inserito i film lui prova a scaricarli da solo (se ha titolo ed anno ha un buona probabilità), inoltre lavorando in "background" ti disturba solo quando ha directlink da farti selezionare.

Comunque è disattivabile da configurazione.

Per il trova buchi ci devo ancora lavorare :-)

Ciao e grazie!

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  05:21:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Tonycole...

I really don't know what to say. Actually you are the only one with this problem.

Please delete the config.ini manually , open and close XMM to see if config is created again.

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

chaosID
Starting Member

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  07:52:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
now something positive...
The new alpha looks really good. The layout is much cleaner and the advantages of the handling as opposed to XMM7 become clear.
Good work, keep it up.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  07:55:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you ChaosID!!!

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  09:57:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
carrot-and-stick policy from Germany

XMM8 slowly but surely will go to replace XMM7 although there is still pretty much to do.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  10:09:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I have notice that

Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  21:08:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just stuck everything into this new Beta 8.15. Install was clean, conversion from XMM7 was also clean
Stuck an extra 7000 actors in which I think come from writers, producers and cast from episodes but no problems.
Added my own JS scripts for MPAA and Genre pictures and that all works OK. Havn't got studio pictures but I'll have a look when I've time to investigate.
For the first time we now have Directors, Producers etc list of films which is brilliant, this was always one of my requests.
I think this is progressing well, great improvements so far. Speed is faster than version 7 so thumbs up from me
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  21:18:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Michael!!

Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2012 :  15:42:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Looking good Alessio! Just curious, but do you work full time on XMM? It just seems like you've worked like crazy on XMM lately lol :)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2012 :  16:27:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not full time because XMM its my hobbie... but during nights yes, all hours

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

wolf3d
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  19:07:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ciao ho provato a creare il sito web dei film, pero arriva al 3 passaggio su 9 e si ferma, ho provato a lasciarlo acceso tutto il giorno pensando impiegasse molto tempo visti i 9000 titoli, pero niente da fare dopo 24 ore sempre fermo al passaggio 3. E una cosa ancora in sviluppo, o e per colpa mia?

Grazie
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  20:09:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, non è colpa tua, dovrebbe andare a buon fine.

Fai per favore una cosa: apri la finestra di configurazione e spunta l'opzione "Debug mode" nella tab principale.

Ora rilancia la creazione dell'HTML. Dovrebbe crearti un file che si chiama "ErrorMessages.txt" dove si trova anche il config.ini ecc...

Dopo 5 minuti che XMM è fermo al passo 3 inviami quel file così vedo che messaggi di errore ci sono...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

wolf3d
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  21:08:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fatto, come te lo invio?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  21:20:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Per email va benissimo,

alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07